Guardianship Alliance of Colorado (GAC)
The Guardianship Alliance of Colorado provides information, instruction, and guidance about guardianship of adults in Colorado.
- Volunteer Guardian Program
- Guardian Training classes
- Guardianship Petition Assistance classes
- Information and Referral Services
- Presentations and In-Service Training
What can the Alliance do for you?
Teach you the skills to act as guardian of a loved one, at a Guardianship Petition Assistance class.
Train you as a volunteer guardian and connect you with an adult who has no one else to rely on.
Offer guidance and support to current adult guardians at a Guardian Training class..
Provide referrals to professionals who can help you.
- To improve the statewide system in Colorado that provides and monitors guardianship and conservatorship appointments for adults.
- To assure quality guardianship and conservatorship arrangements.
- To promote the establishment of Advance Directives (the Living Will and Durable Powers of Attorney) by all capable adults in Colorado, which will reduce the need for guardianship and conservatorship.